Thursday, November 6, 2008

Grist.. by Heather Waldorf


book genre: fiction



In the past I have never been interested in books. I always thought reading was a chore for me. When I was forced to read, I was never able to find that right book. This whole "hating to read" thing went away after that one day in the library when i was loooking for a book and happened to of come across a book called grist. I picked it up and read the back. I thought to my self "wow this surely is the book for me". Before you knew it, I couldnt put that book down for nothing!



chars's widowed father is preoccupied with his new girlfriend. Her best friend and crush, Sam, has moved to Australia. And she has fallen out of favor with her creative-writing teacher . she heads for her grandmother's cottage at lake Ringrose, Ontario, hoping to reconnect with the memory of her mother who died. Despite Gram's warnings, Charlie is drawn to bad boy Kerry, and the two quickly bond. But family secrets are spilled, and the lovebirds learn that they are half siblings (to quote Char, "eewwwwww"). The previously flirty pair awkwardly shift to a brotherly/sisterly rapport.


questions for the book:

1) why did you pick the title "grist"?

2) what got you interested in writing this novel?

3) why would you recomend people to read your book?




"Grist" was one of my favourite reads so far- to a point. It was one of those books that you just can't put down. The teenage love story was cute, the characters were realistic and funny (quirky), and the book was a great pace. I loved this novel, up to a point. At one point (I don't want to ruin the book for anyone), it gets really stupid and I lost respect for the author at that point. I found it got unrealistic and sappy at the end. I hated the climax of the story, although I had predicted it.








BRITTNI NESTER

1 comment:

CHS Independent Reading said...

I can tell you really enjoyed this book.

Be sure to edit.

48/50