Friday, November 7, 2008

The Secret Garden By: Sabrina Fields


The Secret Garden is a fictional book about 3 children written by Frances Hodgson Burnett. I choose this book for my book project because I find it very interesting that such a small girl can be so mean and yet be so nice.This book was about Mary Lennox and her cousin Colin Craven. When Mary was 10 years old her parents died from cholera. She then moved to Misselworth Manor to live with her uncle Mr. Craven in England. She played alone in the gardens and eventually stumbled upon the secret garden and later brought her cousin there with her. Her cousin, Colin, was unable to walk, for he had never learned, the doctor had feared that he was to weak to walk. Her cousin was horribly spoiled just like her and when he met her he started to change and grow. She was growing also and learning.The title is significant to me because having a mysterious secret is so fascinating to me because I've never really had such a major secret as like Mary who was taking care of an abandoned garden and brought it back to life.If I could ask the author 3 questions about the book I would ask her: why she didn't elaborate more at the end of the story, how long had Mary been at the manor before she met Colin, and the last question I would ask her would be how she came up with the idea of a secret garden.

1 comment:

CHS Independent Reading said...

Remember, you didn't write the book just the blog.

Needs to be in paragraphs.

48/50