Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Tears of a tiger By Sharon M. Draper (blog by nathan forsgren)


1. "Here" by Hello good bye-- I picked this song because the song talks about him liking driving in the car . I linked that with the book because before the accident in the car they were fine together in the car driving. This song was also a very up beat song so the second reason I chose it was because the kids in the car (Andy, Robert, B.j., and Tyrone) were all happy about Robert about to get a scholarship.

2. "Eye of the tiger" by Survivor-- I picked this as a second song because this song talks about how he wants to survive and how it happened so quick. In the book the accident (car accident) happens very quick. The part were he wanted to survive I meant as in he didn't want to and he didn't know he was going to die. Also because it reminded me of basket ball like in the book since Robbert was the basket ball captain.

3. "All I ask of you" from Phantom of the opera-- This song was a composure which I liked because I'm a band nerd. Another reason I picked this song was because it talks about about the darkness and how the phantom (from the opera) said she was going to be OK, jest as Andy did to Robert right after the accident while he was dying. Also I picked this song because it was some what a sad song,which adds to the scene or setting of the book.

4. "Nothing left" by As I lay dying-- I picked this song because it had a dark intensity to it that pertained to the book when Robert died. The other part I picked this song for was as in the song they said as I quote "we can not hide there's nothing left" it relates to in the book when Andy gets depressed when Robert dies that he decides there's nothing left in the world for him anymore.

5. "How you remind me" by Nickelback-- I pick this song because it was about how she reminded him of her in the song. In the book I did this part for when Andy shot himself B.J. thought of it as a punishment for him so Andy's death reminded him of Robbert's death.

6. "Pray!" by Apocalyptica-- this last but not least song I picked was picked for the reason it was borderline a sad song. Also it was a song that meant for pray to him or that is what I felt from it when I heard it. I picked the sad part because in the book it is a pretty sad part when Andy commits suicide because he feels responsible for Robbert's death.