Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Blog by Jasmine Perry

*The genre of this book is fiction.

*I chose this book because I've read one of the series called Gingerbread, which I wanted to know how the story continued. I also love cupcakes and have never heard a book called Cupcake.

*This book is about a girl named Cyd Charisse who moves to New York City from San Francisco. She ends up leaving her family and her lover Shrimp(a surfer boy). The first few weeks she's in New York don't go very well. She does not find a good coffee place (she has to have good coffee) or place with good cupcakes, she can't get over the fact that her and Shrimp broke up for the 2nd time and all she wants to do is see him, but at the same time find a new love, plus she can't find a job.
Cyd later ends up finding a great coffee place, which she goes to almost everyday. She meets new people which distracts her from the thought of her ex Shrimp most of the time. She gets a job she loves as a barista at a place called Luncheonette. But as her life begins to settle Shrimp shows up on her door step. She has the choice of conquering the city alone in New York, or being with Shrimp and following wherever the surf takes them. Read more to find out what happens!

*The significance of the title of this book I chose is Cyd Charisse's dad calls her cupcake. Another significance is that Cyd is into culinary and loves to make and eat cupcakes.

*1) Are you going to come out with any other books with food names? Because I want to read the next one if there is going to be one, because they are pretty good!
2) How long did it take you to write this book? Because I can never finish a 310 page book in a week, I can never make time.
3)Do some of the things in the book relate to you? Because if I were to write a book I'd relate some things to me, if not how do you get the ideas? Isn't it hard coming up with one thing after another?

1 comment:

CHS Independent Reading said...

You need to title your blog.

I can tell from your questions that you really enjoyed this book.

47/50