Wednesday, November 12, 2008

The book Between a Rock and a Hard Place is a great book. I love it, especially because it is adventurous book. I dont normally read books but this one made me want to read it. This book made me think of my uncle, who also rock climbed. Between a Rock and a Hard Place made me think that i can challenge anything that i put my life to, even if it means i have to amputate my right arm.
Between a Rock and a Hard Place is about a guy named John Griffith. He is such an adventurous guy. He hikes, climbs, bikes and much much more. Griffith took 3-5 day long climbing trips. He adores the thrill of climbing and pushing his body to the limits. This all came to an end.
John was on a trip to Blue John Canyon to climb the canyon. He figured this was a regular trip like always until he forgets to tell someone where he is going and when he will be back. So if you think about it no one knows where he is at or where he will be. Griffith gets about 8 hours into his climb when all of a suddon a 800lbs boulder falls on his right arm and there is nothing he can do but yell. He doesnt want to yell because it will take away his energy so he just waits there and hopes someone walks by. Just before he looses all hopes he decides to make a decision of his life and cuts off his right arm so that he can get free. He still has to escape the Blue John Canyon with only one arm.

Some questions i would ask are:
1. What would have happened if John did stay at the boulder? I would ask this question because i would like to have known another tactic he could've used to get save himself.
2. Where is John Griffith now? I ask this question because i would like to meet John and see how he is doing with only one arm.

DANIEL LEVESQUE

1 comment:

CHS Independent Reading said...

Daniel, just because you're blogging, does not mean you need to for-go conventions...since when was I not capitalized?

Significance of title?
42/50