Wednesday, November 12, 2008

E.A.R.L. The autobiography of DMX

E.A.R.L. is the autobiogaphy of DMX. I chose this book because I am a fan of DMX and it was recommended by my mom. I was interested in this book initially because of the rumors of his rough childhood and I wanted to find out the truth through the words of DMX.
The autobiography of DMX is about the trials and tributes that DMX went through during his life, while trying to become an artist. Earl (DMX) started out his life in a rough neighborhood with a tough mom who rarely gave Earl the love and nurture that every child needs. After traveling from boarding school to boarding school DMX began to feel like he didn't belong anywhere but everyone knew who was in charge. Once DMX started to freestyle he became the king where ever he traveled. As a child Earl started to give a house to the stray dogs of his neighborhood. The dog's soon became his family. E.A.R.L. is a great book that i know anyone who is a fan of DMX or just looking for a great lifestory to read should defintily pick this book.
The signifigance of the title of this book is that Earl is his name.
If I could ask the author three questions I would ask him:
1)Did you meet DMX through the music industry?
I would ask this question because DMX is in the music industry and Smokey D. Fontaine was previously a member of the same industry.
2)What inspired you to write an autobiography on DMX? Or did he come to you?
I would ask this question because I would like to find out who and what inspired this book.
3)Has your opinion about DMX changed since you wrote this book?
I am asking this question because sometimes peoples opinions on other people change when you get to know them better.
Cellina Powers

1 comment:

CHS Independent Reading said...

Good questions! I always find biographies and memoirs interesting too.
48/50