Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Kayla's Book


Realistic Fiction
I choose to read this book because I was very interested in the theology behind it. It's based off of the book Revelations from the Bible and the predicted Tribulation period. Also this is the fourth book in the Left Behind series that I had already been reading.
This book takes place primarily in the third year of the Tribulation. The Wrath of the Lamb, a destructive world wide earthquake struck earth and millions are dead. The Characters despertally try to find their loved ones and clinging onto their faith.
Their biggest problem is the government. The entire world has become completly under the control of the Antichrist, who wants to see all Christians dead. The world continues to become an increasingly dangerous place for the Christian characters who find that they can relay on nothing but God himself.
The title Soul Harvest has a simple but significant meaning. Durring the Tribulation hundreds of millions will become Christians and devoute their lives to serving God. Or dedicate their souls for God's purpose. The characters in the book work hard to get the gospel known to all so that they can also serve the Lord. They joke that they are "harvesting souls" for the Lord.
I would ask the author if he could point out exactly where in the Bible he did most of research from and explain some the theology in the book. Because I think that the theology is the most important part because it pertains some to my life and I would like to understand.
I would also ask the author why he decided to write the book. I would enjoy knowing his reasons for publishing fiction book based on what the Bible says.
Another question I would ask is how much of the story is strictly Biblical based and how much is made up in order to make it into a detailed story. This would be very interesting and It would give me a better consept of the Tribulation to come.
By: Kayla Yraceburu

1 comment:

CHS Independent Reading said...

Interesting story. I am curious as to whether the author is religious?

50/50